Saturday, July 18, 2009

read the fine print



There is this "My Cause Photography Contest" by CIMB lately that I come across and as I am already in the middle of my own project which is pretty much in relation to what they are after, I started considering of submitting my works for this contest, NOT UNTIL I READ THE FINE PRINT! I must say I am pretty much disappointed with this commercialized world where people do charity for a reason, for a commercial purpose! READ "4.Ownership"



BEWARE! Fellow photographers who are thinking of submitting your works. Know what's the possible consequences. Your works may be re-used and re-used for as long as they want it, for whatever commercial reasons which not necessarily bring out the true meaning in your images (meaning of your images may be twisted easily just by adding a caption)! They don't promise you that they'll keep to the true integrity of your images. You don't own your works anymore! Copyrights goes to them entirely, forever! They can even modify your works! They shall make full use of your images and squeeze every cent out of it possible!

Basically what they mean is: ANY LIABILITY YOU BEAR! ALL ASSETS THEY OWN! They are using money for a GAIN! They are BANKERS!

I don't know about you, but if I want to give anything to any persons, I wouldn't want to expect anything in return. Where's the Christmas spirit of TRUE GIVING nowadays???

Again, the world truly is UPSIDE-DOWN!