Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Spotted! Good Friend's New Purchase!

What a small world! Just like the Disney's song that goes..."It's a small small world..." Haha...
I was in Mid Valley on 5 Oct Monday and with thousands of people hanging out in Kuala Lumpur's largest shopping mall, there I spotted CW, my friend buying the supposedly one and only piece in Kuala Lumpur at the moment: Canon 45mm Tilt and Shift lens! It seems that this lens is out of stock everywhere, even in Singapore. Why? Ask Canon!

And so, I whipped out my E-P1 and start documenting this "big buyer's purchase". (ask YL Camera Supplies and you know who he is)

I just couldn't resist mentioning this piece of speciality lens which is often used for architecture shots to correct perspectives. You can also create Miniature Effects with this lens, making everything seems like miniature toys and figures. Fun!


Well, for those of you like me, who's not so loaded with cash... haha.. stick to your photoshop perspective controls or just get a lensbaby like me. For now, I shall stick to my lensbaby and my view camera while ogling at his lens. For the geeks and the equipment enthusiasts, click here to see some sample shots he has done. He's the best person to ask in terms of what equipment to buy.

Quote:
"If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras. Changing cameras means that your photographs will change. A really good camera has something I suppose you might describe as its own distinctive aura."
-- Nobuyoshi Araki

"But only if you have spare cash!" 
-- David Chua