Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Searching for an old friend and my teacher in photography... ...

I am searching for Fred Kuan, my photography teacher back in the 1990s... He's a really amazing Fine Art Photographer in Singapore. He's one of those old school photographer who does not believe that a 72dpi monitor screen can ever do justice to a great piece of work printed as a fine art wet print, selenium-toned, fiber based, framed with acid-free matte board in museum archival quality. Back in those days, I could easily stared and "travelled" into just ONE of his works for as long as 15mins before viewing the next print in his exhibition! He's the Fine Art Photographer who taught me the most, not just in techniques BUT in appreciating life and photography! I miss him... ...

I just realized I don't even have a picture of him. I am putting up this post in hope that someone who knows where is he can contact me. Cause I have just received a call from a close relative of him, coming all the way from Canada to Singapore in search of him. I think it's almost hopeless to find him since he has been "missing" for years... He's not on facebook or anywhere in the internet...

May God help us.