Friday, April 30, 2010

I want, I want, I want ... ...


Read this in a very old Reader's Digest some time ago... "Want what you have and you'll always have what you want!"

Today, my Leica M6 winder jammed mid-roll. It must be some spring mechanism problem. So, I dropped it to a good friend to send it to Singapore for repair since he's going down tomorrow. The Leica M6 is my favourite camera. For a while, I was looking for another small film camera to stuff it into my bag as a replacement (I just can't leave home without a camera, I thought) ... ... and I couldn't think of what else I've got. Oh man... I don't wanna use digital... I thought... I want film.

So, I finally dug out my old Olympus PEN FT. Hmm... haven't been using it for a while now. It seems that I have momentarily forgotten that I still have my Contax G1, Rollei 35, Zeiss Ikon Contaflex... ...

So sinful! The results of my shopping spree since early 2009. My heart just went for every good old film camera that people "threw" out for the sake of going digital... ... I was like a father going about adopting unwanted orphans... ... 

Too many cameras, too little time to use them all. It's time to concentrate on SHOOTING! After all, photography is about shooting and sharing images.

Let's shoot and share, and STOP thinking of what to buy next for the time being.

Photographic Vision is INSIDE us, not OUTSIDE.